Recently a good friend of mine Michael Strickland purchased a very high resolution drum scanner. I sent him some film to scan, and he did an experiment where he scanned one of my sheets of film at 709.6 megapixels. To do this, he had to scan it in multiple pieces, then assemble it in photoshop. This would be impractical for most situations, but it was a good test of what's possible. First, here is a web sized version of the file.
I recently posted a video where I shared some 100% crops of this image, and talked about the challenges of setting the focus and lens movements for this photo. Since I have an older computer monitor and my screen capture resolution isn't very high, I figured I would post some 100% samples for people to check out. See if you can figure out where these crops were taken from. Please Click on the photos to view them at 100%
Finally, here is the video where I talk about the drum scan, and what I learned from it. If you are interested in having your film drum scanned, please reach out to Michael. He did a great job with my film.